Psalm 145:3 “Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.”
Romans 11:33 “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!”
I have been constantly amazed at how the Lord has directed the PLUS posts during this past year, regardless of my plans. I will use the last three months of posts as an illustration. On 4 and 8 January, I published the PLUS posts as expected regarding annual motivation and reflection. Following that week, I expected to publish a series of six PLUS posts on my personal annual theme of trusting the Lord. The Lord took the next several posts in a direction I never imagined.
- The following week (12 & 16 Jan) I published two posts on the death of a godly Chief Master Sergeant
- The next week (19 & 22 Jan) I returned to publish two posts on trusting the Lord
- The next week (25 & 29 Jan) the Lord impressed upon me to publish posts on faithfulness related to the year anniversary of my daily pray journey for our nation
- After the Lord brought the 1983 Year of the Bible to my attention, I published the next four posts on this topic (1, 5, 9 & 12 Feb)
- After watching the Bill Nye and Ken Hamm debate, I dedicated the next eight posts to science related topics (16, 19, 23 & 26 Feb; 2, 5, 9 & 12 March)
- After hearing about an Academy Awards acceptance speech that acknowledged the Lord, I focused the follow two posts on related issues (16 & 19 March)
- That brought me to this week, the anniversary week of PLUS, where it was a natural fit to focus on God’s ways that are superior to our ways (23 & 26 March)
Maybe next week, I’ll return to the theme of trusting in the Lord. Then again, His ways are unsearchable and I look forward to seeing how He will direct. It may be nothing that I would expect, but it will be far better. Indeed, the Lord has taught me far more in the last few months about trusting the Lord through the course of my life than I ever would have learned by writing about these issues.
PLEASE PRAY THAT AMERICAN CHRISTIANS WOULD WORSHIP GOD FOR THE DEPTH OF HIS KNOWLEDGE AND WISDOM. Doing so will help us trust the Lord more than anything else we could do on our own.