Psalm 62:8 “Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.”
John Bunyan described prayer in the following way:
“Prayer is a sincere, sensible, affectionate pouring out of the heart or soul to God, through Christ, in the strength and assistance of the Holy Spirit, for such things as God hath promised, or according to the Word, for the good of the church, with submission, in faith, to the will of God.”
Do our prayers lack power? If so, maybe we have fallen short of God’s intent for prayer:
- Are we praying in trust and faith?
- Are we praying with a pouring out of our heart before Him?
- Are we praying sincerely?
- Are we praying sensibly?
- Are we praying affectionately?
- Are we praying through Christ?
- Are we praying in the strength and assistance of the Holy Spirit?
- Are we praying according to the Word?
- Are we praying for the good of the church?
- Are we praying in submission?
America desperately needs Christians who are praying powerfully, with nothing lacking. If there are areas that we are falling short in the above areas, it is time to refocus our prayer pattern and rededicate ourselves to the practice of prayer.
PLEASE HARNESS THE FULL POWER OF PRAYER FOR OUR NATION. It is sensible to do so.
SET YOUR ALARM: If you’re alarmed (that we are short on leaders who serve with selfless sacrifice), set your alarm (to pray for our nation)!