II Timothy 3:16 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”
At noon on the 20th of January, 2017, Donald Trump became the 45th President of the United States. In four different places in his inauguration speech, President Trump used strong Biblical references that should give us distinct hope in the future direction of our nation:
- “We do not seek to impose our way of life on anyone, but rather to let it shine as an example. We will shine for everyone to follow.”
- Matthew 5:14-16 “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
- “The Bible tells us how good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity.”
- Psalm 133:1 “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!”
- “And most importantly, we will be protected by God.”
- Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very pleasant help in trouble.”
- Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
- II Thessalonians 3:3 “But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you and keep you from evil.”
- “And whether a child is born in the urban sprawl of Detroit or the wind-swept plains of Nebraska, they look up at the same night sky, they will their heart with the same dreams, and they are infused with the breath of life by the same almighty creator.”
- Genesis 1:27 “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
- Genesis 2:7 “And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.”
PLEASE PRAY THAT PRESIDENT TRUMP WOULD TRULY GOVERN BASED ON BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES.
SET YOUR ALARM: If you’re alarmed (that our previous president received a Nobel Peace Prize before essentially doing anything in office while our current president has received nothing but non-stop criticism), set your alarm (to pray for our nation)!