Matthew 21:12 “And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves.”
On September 18th, the United States Air Force turns 70 years old. This year’s birthday theme reminds us of our Air Force’s willingness to push the envelope – Breaking Barriers since 1947. Indeed we have!
How have American Christians been breaking barriers? How have American Christian Churches been breaking down barriers? How have we been influencing our world? How have we been making an impact?
If we haven’t been doing a good job at any of these things, then maybe it is time to reassess our lives and our ministries. Maybe it is time to:
- Begin new community outreach efforts
- Find new groups of people to serve
- Build new relationships with like-minded believers
- Establish new prayer groups
- Reassess your assumptions about ministry effectiveness
- Mold new subordinate leaders
- Relook at stagnant customs and traditions
- Engage newer Christians with ministry opportunities and responsibilities
- Establish relationships with community leaders
- Ensure our personal prayer and devotional lives are active, fresh and vibrant
PLEASE PRAY THAT AMERICAN CHRISTIANS WOULD DEVELOP A PASSION FOR RELEVANCE IN OUR NEEDY SOCIETY. It is time to break barriers!